On Time RTOS-32On Time Informatik's embedded operating system is especially optimized for x86 CPUs, meets hard real-time requirements and implements a Windows subset kernel.
It is one of the fastest real-time operating systems on the market running on x86 CPUs. Scheduler performance information can be found here.
On Time RTOS-32 can be fully integrated in Microsoft Visual Studio and supports about 290 Win32 API functions. more...
RTOS32Win: compact Win32 real-time platform
Since January 2009 this compact and ultra-fast Windows real-time
platform is available.
It is based on the On Time RTOS-32 real-time operating system.
Except when using some real-time specific functions, the well known Win32 API can be used for programming the real-time part.
The Microsoft development tools (Visual Studio) are used for development and debugging the real-time software.
Most important features at a glance
- Available for Windows XP and Windows 7 (32 Bit and 64 Bit)
- Ultra high speed response time within microseconds and full independence from Windows, if Windows crashes, the real-time part continues to work!
- Optimized utilization of multi core systems (scalable from one to multiple CPU cores for the real-time part)
- Default use case on dual core systems: Windows XP (Windows 7) runs on Core 1, On Time RTOS-32 runs on Core 2
- Drivers and software available for On Time RTOS-32 can be used, e.g. network controller, EtherCAT, CAN, TCP/IP, USB, ...
- Win32 compatible API (Win32 threads, Events, WinSock API,...)
- Support of the Microsoft Development Tools (Visual Studio)
- Very comfortable Debugging environment for the real-time part using the Microsoft tools, real-time applications will be developed and debugged just like a normal Windows application
RTOS32Win: based on new Hypervisor technology
- Fast learning curve,, Windows like development environment and Win32 API
- Programming the real-time application, communication protocols and GUI with one development environment and the same software paradigms
- Reuse existing On Time RTOS-32 software
- No Windows Kernel Driver has to be developed
Long term supportRTOS32Win is based on the RTOS-VM hypervisor technology.
KUKA, a leading Industrial Robot Company (http://www.kuka.com) decided to use this hypervisor as a key component in their robot control.
The usage of the KUKA real-time technology in more than 100.000 robot controller systems world wide assures long term support.
1996: world's first robot controller using a Windows real-time platform on single core CPUs.
2010: new robot controller based on the RTOS-VM hypervisor technology on multi core CPUs.
RTOS32Win Screen Shot
- On Time RTOS-32 Debug Monitor was started.
- On Time RTOS-32 messages will be shown in the RTOS-VM Debug Console.
- The Virtual Network Adapter is used as debug interface for On Time RTOS-32.
- Intel PRO/100 Network Adapter is directly controlled by On Time RTOS-32.
- 3COM Network Adapter is directly controlled by On Time RTOS-32.
- COM1 Port is also directly controlled by On Time RTOS-32.