Windows Real-time Hypervisor Update V7.1.1
acontis technologies has recently updated its Windows Real-time extension and Hypervisor products to version V7.1.1.
The acontis Hypervisor solutions enable customer running deterministic hard Real-time applications alongside Windows 10.
These acontis product family offers various solutions to cover different customer requirements:
EC-Win: Windows Real-time EtherCAT solution
LxWin: Windows Real-time extension and Hypervisor supporting Real-time Linux
VxWin: Windows Real-time Hypervisor supporting VxWorks
RTOS32Win: Windows Real-time extension and Hypervisor supporting On Time RTOS-32
CeWin: Windows Real-time extension and Hypervisor supporting Windows CE
Microsoft has ended the ability to cross-sign drivers. Cross-signing of drivers is required by any Windows 64-bit OS prior to Windows 10. If a driver is not signed, Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 will not trust the driver and, as a result, will not load it. This will make V7.1.1 the last update to the acontis Windows Real-time Hypervisor products for the 64 Bit versions of Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1.
This version includes a variety of enhancements:
- Request Admin rights for the Uploader tool only if needed.
- Optimized/Enhanced real-time device handling if Intel VT virtualization is enabled (e.g. for real-time USB drivers).
- LxWin: support for automatic date and time synchronization.
- LxWin: Source and license archives will be installed at .\SDK\. sub directory.
- LxWin: improved real-time behavior using the timer interrupt real-time guard band.
- LxWin: improved real-time behavior using Local Apic TSC deadline mode by default.
- LxWin: Update to Linux kernel version 4.9.255.
- RTOS32Win: Update to On Time RTOS-32 version 6.21.