Most imporant features at a glance
- Available for Windows XP and Windows 7 (32 Bit and 64 Bit)
- Guaranteed response time within microseconds and full independence from Windows, if Windows crashes, the real-time part continues to work!
- Optimized utilization of multi core systems (scalable from one to multiple CPU cores for the real-time part)
- Default use case on dual core systems: Windows 7 runs on Core 1, Windows CE runs on Core 2
- Rich amount of drivers, e.g. for fieldbuses (Profinet, EtherCAT, CAN), TCP/IP, USB, ...
- Rich and Win32 compatible API (Win32 processes and threads, Events, WinSock API. .NET Compactframework and C#, ...)
- Support of the Microsoft Development Tools (Visual Studio)
- Very comfortable Debugging environment for the real-time part using the Microsoft tools, real-time applications will be developed and debugged just like a normal Windows application
CeWin V4/V5: based on new Hypervisor technology
- Fast learning curve,, Windows like development environment and Win32 API
- Programming the real-time application, communication protocols and GUI with one development environment and the same software paradigms
- Reuse existing Windows CE software
- No Windows Kernel Driver has to be developed
Long term supportCeWin is based on the RTOS-VM hypervisor technology.
KUKA, a leading Industrial Robot Company (http://www.kuka.com) decided to use this hypervisor as a key component in their robot control.
The usage of the KUKA real-time technology in more than 100.000 robot controller systems world wide assures long term support.
1996: world's first robot controller using a Windows real-time platform on single core CPUs.
2010: new robot controller based on the RTOS-VM hypervisor technology on multi core CPUs.
- Hardware and real-time programming on Windows XP(e)/2000 with a Windows like real-time operating system: -- multitasking, intertask communication -- Connectivity: TCP/IP -- (Winsock), COM/DCOM, SOAP -- HTTP-Server, ISAPI, ASP, SOAP-Server, SOAP-Client -- programming languages: C, C++, C#, Visual-Basic
- Guaranteed response time within microseconds
- High resolution real-time timer, granularity <100 nanoseconds.
- Hardware access to ISA and PCI plug in boards.
- Communication between Windows and Windows CE via TCP/IP (virtual network).
- Usage of DCOM or SOAP as middleware for communication is possible.
- Windows CE continues working after Windows Blue Screen
- A great variety of software and drivers for Windows CE are available on the market, e.g. OPC server, drivers for field bus and measurement hardware, and so on...
- Debugging of real-time code by using the well known Microsoft development tools
- Powerful, graphical real-time analysis tools (Kernel Tracker, Profiling)
- Comprehensive documentation (HTML, MSDN, newsgroup)
- Source code of many example drivers available
How to work with CeWin ?
Install CeWin on your PC like any other Windows application.
Start and stop Windows CE simply after booting Windows by using the
CeWin Uploader Tool.
Use Visual Studio for the whole development cycle: Editing, compiling and debugging of your real-time application. Create your application using well-known wizards. Develop and test your software alternatively on the same PC or remote. Communication between Windows XP and Windows CE is done via Shared Memory or via TCP/IP over a virtual network connection.